The Wang Strikes Back in Shadow Warrior 2 Preview
The first time it was announced that Shadow Warriors was getting a HD remake on the PC and PlayStation 4. It was a huge surprise to me, but there were some concerns. However the game came out great with some silly antics, great combat and horrific enemies. It was a game for the inner action junky that want to slice and dice through enemies with hilarious commentary. Now that E3 is approaching near we begin to obtain a lot of gaming information and that being said check out this trailer for Shadow Warrior 2.
Wait…wait…Did I just read in that trailer that there will be four player co-op? I am definitely down with that action. This game was badass as a solo first person shooter that brought in a fluid Katana mechanic that I have not seen in a long time. Obviously our former hero Lo Wang can’t go into this battle alone and how the enemies are looking you will need all the backup you can get.
Five years have passed since Lo Wang shattered the alliance between his deceitful former boss and the ancient gods of the shadow realm. Despite noble intentions, Lo Wang’s efforts to annihilate the darkness corrupted the world, creating a strange and savage new order where humans and demons live side by side.
The once feared warrior now lives in the shifting wild lands outside the reach of his enemies and the neon glow of Zilla’s cybernetic metropolis, scratching out a meager existence as a hired sword for the local Yakuza clans. When a simple mission goes wrong, Lo Wang is drawn into a volatile conflict between a brilliant young scientist, a controversial cult leader, and a terrifying new drug known as Shade. The sharp-tongued hero must once again wield lethal blades, staggering firepower, and archaic magic to purge the world of evil.
- Blades and Bullets – Lo Wang delivers his own brand full throttle brutality with an expanded array of over 70 lethal blades and explosive firearms to overcome the demonic opposition. Become a whirlwind of steel and blood with razor sharp katana, short swords, crescent blades, and hand claws or unleash a hellish symphony of ornate firearms to decimate your enemies.
- Four Player Co-Op – Battle through the expansive campaign alone or team up as a four-player typhoon of destruction online in campaign co-op mode. Tackle challenging primary missions or thrilling side quests while maintaining your own ninja style with customizable armor, items, and valuable loot from your triumphs.
- Procedural Environments – The breach between the human and demon realms created an interdimensional hernia resulting in constant shifts to the world of Shadow Warrior 2. Procedurally generated landscapes and paths bring new twists and turns to once familiar terrain and routine missions.
- Brutal Damage System – Choose your weapon based on the situation at hand and then dismantle everything that stands in your path with an advanced gore system. Use precision blade strikes to separate limbs and heads or switch to heavy ordinance and blow a hole right through colossal beasts.
- Custom Upgrade System – Upgrade weapons in your arsenal with up to three stones at once to improve performance or augment them with devastating elemental effects. Collect karma, amulets, and armor to enhance Lo Wang’s power and shift his death-dealing artistry into overdrive.
Shadow Warrior 2 will reach the digital market for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Steam marketplace. Those that are attending E3 will be able to try out the demo upon appointment of course, but the first look will be on Monday June 15th at 8pm BST on Twtich.tv. I hope you enjoyed this preview and be sure to check out more on E3 in the coming days. Stay frosty gamers!