Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Preview
Thanks to my gaming buddy BlAzEd-MaNiAc for the heads up on pre-loading Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Multiplayer Beta before Friday. Always good to have gamers look out for one another on upcoming fun events or games. Now I have played Uncharted for a long time and when Part 3 was announced with multiplayer, I was a bit worried. To my surprise it was one of the best third person multiplayer experiences out there. Usually you don’t get a package deal of a strong single player game with a strong multiplayer side game. However check out the preview of a Team Death match below.
- Next-Gen Blockbuster Adventure: UNCHARTED 4 ushers in a more cinematic experience on the PS4 system with real-time cut scenes and new character animations to highlight Naughty Dog’s signature storytelling.
- Dynamic Gameplay: Evolved mechanics give players many fresh approaches to gameplay, including new rope and grappling mechanics, added climbing moves and equipment, and seamless fluidity between melee, stealth, and combat.
- Expansive Environments: Varied and richly detailed environments open up with multiple navigation paths to encourage exploration. Gameplay and enemy AI strategically leverage the wider design and added verticality.
- Drivable Vehicles: For the first time in UNCHARTED history, drive vehicles during gameplay to make big moments even more spectacular and interactive.
- UNCHARTED Multiplayer: UNCHARTED 4 will continue to evolve the franchise’s multiplayer experience on PS4.
After a weekend of shooting, dodging and punching my way through the matches I am pleased to say I enjoyed the multiplayer. There was no lag to be seen and the all-around motive of having a great time was had. Even though my team didn’t say much we still got through most of the matches just fine. I do hope that I get a more talkative group when the game finally comes out.
The environments alone are enjoyable to look at and the graphics upgrade from PS3 to PS4 is definitely seen. I was having a blast running around the environments drinking in the backgrounds and what I can interact with to get that tactical advantage in the game. Climbing is smooth, the cover system is smooth and of course the combat is delightful. I do favor the shotgun a bit so I might stick with being a charger.
Naughty Dog as stress test goes I was not stressed out playing the MP, so please take your time with this title and looking forward to when it drops.
I hope you enjoyed this quick preview of the multiplayer in Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and be sure to check back for more reviews, previews and other gaming news. Stay frosty gamers!