Going In-depth with Infinite Warfare
We going behind the scenes to focus on what Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare will bring, especially in the trailer showcasing space battles. COD: Advanced Warfare did take that minor step having space fight on a satellite, but are we ready for the game to take that step?
I have to admit that I am all about the story in all the Modern Warfares leading to Advanced Warfare, so I am stoked to check out this intense story of Infinite Warfare. There were some clips that show that it might be on another planet maybe Mars? I don’t know, but will this take away from the believability of the Call of Duty series? I mean we have other titles that deal with space combat and now Infinity Ward seems to want to tip their toe a bit into as well. If it is anything like the movie Soldier, then I am down with that concept. I would not mind a bit of traditional combat and I am looking forward to a lot of the new weaponry involved. The one thing I did enjoy was the rail shooting parts of missions.
- RETURN TO CLASSIC, LARGE-SCALE WAR – Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare will take players on an unforgettable journey as they engage in battles from Earth to beyond our atmosphere against a relentless, enemy faction that threatens our very way of life. It’s grand scale war and hallmark boots-on-the-ground Call of Duty action with memorable characters, rich emotional arcs, and stunning new environments, all within an epic new setting.
- A CALL OF DUTY CAMPAIGN TO REMEMBER – Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare puts storytelling front and center, in a deeply engaging narrative. It features jaw-dropping set-pieces and blockbuster cinematic moments while also delivering a gripping portrayal of war that harkens back to the roots of the franchise. Infinity Ward also breaks new ground by thrusting the player into wartime leadership as Captain Reyes, a Tier 1 Special Operations pilot, who takes the helm of the Retribution, one of Earth’s last remaining warships. In a time of unthinkable hardships, Reyes must lead the remnants of coalition forces against a relentless foe in a war that spans our solar system.
- FIGHTING A FANATICAL ENEMY – The Settlement Defense Front (SetDef) represents a splinter group of insurgents that broke away from the United Nations Space Alliance during a war of secession, years ago. In the world of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, our planet has been stripped of its natural assets through population growth and industrial expansion. The people of Earth now rely upon colonies throughout the solar system to mine planets and asteroids for necessary fuel and other resources. The SetDef is a fascist power, comprised of brutal and militant radicals, toughened by the extreme conditions of off-world environments. They seek to control those outposts and their wealth, putting a stranglehold on the countries of Earth. After years of uneasy stalemate, diplomatic relations are strained, and it will take only the slightest nudge to lead to full-scale war.
- GEAR UP FOR INTENSE MULTIPLAYER – Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare will incorporate the popular chain-based movement system players know and love into an innovative multiplayer experience that rewards players more than ever before for utilizing their surroundings and applying the strategy in the heat of the moment. Maps are designed to further leverage the chain-based movement system and immerse players into fast, fun, and frenetic gameplay that players have come to expect from Call of Duty. With its new approach to play, multiplayer will bring innovative gameplay that challenges players to achieve their goals in creative ways based on their specific play style.
- BATTLE THE LIVING DEAD IN A ZOMBIES THRILLER – Infinity Ward introduces a fresh take on the nightmarish Zombies mode in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. With an all-new, immersive Zombies storyline for players to uncover and explore, players are thrust into a spine-tingling adventure, not for the faint of heart. Zombies will take players on a wild ride with a multitude of new features while thrilling players with the core mechanics that fans have come to expect from the mode.
In that you will have certain choices for your level of fandom where you can obtain the regular edition for $59.99, legacy edition with COD 4: Modern Warfare for $79.99 and finally what I call, (I can survive off of Baloney edition” the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Pro Legacy Edition for $119.99 which is a GameStop exclusive.
- STANDARD EDITION: Just the Game…that’s it.
- LEGACY EDITION: Infinite Warfare plus COD 4: Modern Warfare Re-mastered edition
- PRO LEGACY EDITION: You Get Infinite Warfare, COD 4: Modern Warfare, Infinite Warfare Season pass, and Bonus Content which includes a collectible SteelbookTM, the official game soundtrack, and extra digital content in Infinite Warfare.
Now I know what you might think about the Pro Legacy Edition being too pricey, but do the math people. The game online cost $65.31, add the re-mastered COD 4: MW which may go for $24.99 and then you add the Season Pass which usually goes for $49.99. All that alone already comes out to be more than $119.99.
Am I in? Most likely I am, but I plan to pre-order this gem early and this is why I enjoy the information on these things ahead of time to give us gamers enough time to plan out these purchases. I can’t wait to hear more as it develops. Stay frosty gamers!