Crossplay to Unite Gamers
Ever since last year that Microsoft wanted to do a crossplay thing with across the board a lot of gamers were debating about this idea. Most were against it feeling that one would have to lower its specs for the other. I am on the side of let’s do this thing already. it is long overdue if you ask. The first time I experienced this was in Final Fantasy XI where gamers could finally play with gamers on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Now it is that time again, but the only wall gamers and the industry are facing is Sony who seems to not want to get on board with the idea.
Come on Sony, what do you have to lose?
The only thing I have to say against the video is that it is more than just Fighting games that need this. Max is a fighting games correspondent and player, so it makes sense and he does touch base on other games as well by mentioning rocket league. However, games like Destiny, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Need for Speed and so many others that come out for multiple consoles would be a great addition to this next step. There have been so many discussions with friends wishing that I had their system or vice versa. There are some that even brought the console I had so we can make that happen. I always felt that if the game came out for all then the multiplayer should work across the board.
So let’s break down the Pros and Cons of having crossplay.
- Finally, play with friends on either console. This includes co-op play for certain games that have it. Let’s say if they re-released Army Of Two with Crossplay.
- Saving money on having to buy multiple systems, but most will have multiple systems anyway for exclusives.
- Not having to buy the same game twice.
- Possible theme DLC where your team is Xbox and another team is PS4. It would be fun.
- Cheaper Xbox Live or PlayStation Plus memberships. Think about it more people will sign up knowing that they can play with their friends on either system and with more subscribers means better deals.
- Server issues might be a thing. Not entirely sure, but some gamers are worried about that.
- Might be a price increase for this added liberty. Honestly, it might open some form of a cash grab for the industry making us believe it will cost more to do this membership might have a spike.
I don’t see that many cons, but I am sure that many of you will feel me in on them. In that being said it is not a bad idea and already is going on with PC players against console players. We just need that one final link to make the circle complete and I bet you all will have fun when that happens. Remember if you want to support the cause use #UNITEGAMERS and hit up Sony to go with the flow already. Stay frosty gamers!
Latest posts by Beast Gamer Kuma (see all)
- Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Announced - December 10, 2017
- Monster Hunter World Hands on Preview - December 10, 2017
- Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Strikers Beta Sign up Goes Live - December 3, 2017