Early Access Reminder for ME: Andromeda
I feel the need to make sure you the readers are clear that I am not sponsored by EA or Bioware and have no deals to take advantage of. I am a consumer just like you who sees something amazing to share with you the gamers. In that being said, who loves early access? I adore it when it is done right and for those that have EA Access and Origin Access will be able to play Mass Effect: Andromeda on March 16th, 2017 for ten hours.
The story in Mass Effect: Andromeda takes place in the Heleus Cluster, a portion of space populated with dozens of star systems. You can navigate these systems using the Tempest’s onboard Galaxy Map and see everything that exists outside your ship’s many windows in real-time. Planets, moons, space anomalies, and starships will all be visible from the Tempest.
As you look over the map, you’ll see dozens of systems and over a hundred planets in the Andromeda Galaxy, including several that you can explore on foot. That’s where your adventure will begin in earnest.
Recently I did a post on the PC Requirements for ME: Andromeda which should give you an idea of what to expect or have to upgrade your system. I myself will be on the Xbox One side of things. However, the EA and Origin Access is a good deal for 4.99 a month giving you access to a good library of EA titles including the Mass Effect trilogy which is a download service, not a streaming service. If this is your first time, take advantage of the early access and cancel after if you do not like the service.
Augmentations: These are special devices which can be incorporated into a weapon or armor piece during crafting to give it unique properties. Below are just a few of the Augmentations available, to provide a sense of what’s possible when you use them while crafting a weapon or piece of armor:
- Aerial Stabilizer: If used while crafting a weapon, grants accuracy to weapon damage whenever you’re hovering. If used while crafting armor, improves your biotic powers while hovering.
- Beam Emitter: Replaces the firing mechanism of a gun with an energy beam. Turn your Avenger into a laser rifle!
- Coolant Unit: Increases clip size whenever special ammo is in use, allowing you to get the most out of your cryo, incendiary, or disruptor rounds.
- Shield Disruptor: If used while crafting a weapon, increases the power of your disruptor ammo. If used while crafting leg armor, adds an electrical discharge to your air melee attacks.
- Vintage Heat Sink: Converts any gun to an overheat system (like in the original Mass Effect™), where you’ll never run out of ammo.
This will be the fourth installment of the series and so far the hype train is filled up. I hope this will be a great and long adventure to enjoy. Mass Effect: Andromeda releases on March 21st, 2017 in North America and March 23rd, 2017 in Europe. You can take advantage of pre-ordering on (shameless plug) Play-asia.com and yes we are affiliated with them, but they are a good site for your gaming needs as well as other items. I hope to see you back for our full review. -Beast Out-