Behind the Scenes with The Surge
The release day of The Surge is almost upon us and we are here with another video going behind the scenes of the next upcoming game from Focus Home Interactive. Let’s check it out!
Set in a heavily dystopian future as Earth nears the end of its life, those who remain in the overpopulated cities must work to survive as social programs become saturated by an ageing population and increasing environmental diseases.
As the intelligence of technology incrementally increased over the years, many jobs for the human race had been made redundant, forcing Earth’s citizens to head out into the suburbs seeking labor, aided by exoskeletons to improve their efficiency. The world of The Surge offers a very grim vision of the future, where the evolution of our technology, our society and our relation with the environment led to a decadent state of the Human civilization.
The Surge features innovative combat mechanics and an original character progression system based on modular upgrades gained through tight, visceral combat. Be sure to stay tuned for more about The Surge over the coming months!
- Tight, visceral hardcore action RPG combat with make-shift industrial weapons
- A unique dismemberment and upgrade system utilizing cybernetic implants
- Fight in a dystopian world full of mystery and learn about the events surrounding The Surge
- Battle an array of huge industrial bosses
- Craft, upgrade, and build new weapons with loot and blueprints
At this point I am ready to play The Surge and looking at how the developers used Motion Capture instead of animation shows me that I will have some great fun in this fantasy violence. I can’t want to get deep into this story and dismember my enemies to retrofit myself with better tech. Be sure to check out The Surge when it is released on May 16th, 2017 on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC. – Beast Out –
Latest posts by Beast Gamer Kuma (see all)
- Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection Announced - December 10, 2017
- Monster Hunter World Hands on Preview - December 10, 2017
- Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Strikers Beta Sign up Goes Live - December 3, 2017