Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite E3 and Story Demo
I can start off by saying………. HOLY $#!% we’ve got some big news for Marvel vs Capcom fans! Yesterday during Sony’s E3 presentation, they showed off a brand new trailer for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite and I can tell you that I literally started dancing around the room after being shocked and awed by what I had seen. New characters were revealed, returning characters were shown, and as well as more insight on exactly how big this story is going to be. Oh, and did I mention the part that they dropped a Story Demo the same night….. Yes, you read that right. A gameplay demo for download on PS4 and Xbox One. The trailer shows Dante, Rocket Racoon, Spencer, Doctor Strange, Arthur, Zero, Nova, Strider and the Purple Titan himself Thanos are coming back into the fight as returning characters. As for the newcomers, we see Gamora and Black Panther in the story cinematics.
The story looks super impressive. I’m actually very stoked to see what they do with it. This is also the first time Capcom has done a full on story of this scale, for a Marvel VS Capcom. With that being said it looks like Marvel is pulling out the big guns. The story is looking to be amazing and I can’t wait for it.
With all that being said let’s dive into the gameplay of the demo. Although it’s just a story demo there’s a lot of depth in this new combat system. The button layout is back to the old school Marvel days. Light punch, heavy punch, light kick, and heavy kick. Right bumper is your tag button and left bumper is to use your Infinity Stone. The only thing I’m not a big fan of is the easy commands. However, I understand the reasoning behind it. Some people aren’t able to pull off big combos and that’s perfectly fine. Another thing I noticed while playing the demo is that, even though some of these characters may seem like copy and paste from Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3, they’ve been revamped in many ways. Every character has new moves and ways to mix things up.
So far I’m loving the game and the direction it’s going in. All they need to do is polish it up a bit with graphics and for the love of everything that is good fix Chun-Li’s face. The fighting mechanics are good and you can turn off the simple mechanics. Tournaments are going to be crazy for this game.
- Reborn Rivalries: Universes collide once again in this all-new crossover clash for the ages, where players select their favorite Marvel and Capcom characters and engage in accessible and free-form 2v2 team battles, which allow for new gameplay dynamics never before seen in the franchise. Infinite Power: Choose one of the six powerful Infinity Stones from the Marvel Universe to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone will customize characters with unique abilities and powerful game-changing effects that can quickly turn the tide of battle.
- Iconic Heroes: More characters join the previously-announced roster in the battle for survival, including Thanos, Gamora, Nova, Doctor Strange, Dante, Zero, Spencer, and Arthur, bringing the current roster up to 22 characters with more to be revealed in the future.
- Cinematic Story: This thrilling cinematic experience puts players at the center of a fierce battle as heroes from both universes come together to stop Ultron Sigma, the combined form of the robotic villains Ultron and Sigma, from infecting all biological life on the newly-merged Marvel and Capcom worlds. With the future of their universe hanging in the balance, the heroes must seek aid from the Mad Titan Thanos, the most powerful villain in the Marvel Universe… but can they trust him?
- Accessible Single-Player Content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission, and Arcade modes.
- Vast Multi-Player Features: Robust online modes and content including ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode deepen the overall experience.
Now I know some of you may have wanted some story details and character play style but….. Why would I suck the fun out of you trying it? It’s available now as we speak. You can literally amaze yourself playing it. Can’t wait for the release of this game on September 17th. You can pre-order Marvel vs Capcom Infinite at Play-asia.com and yes (Shameless Plug) there are different versions to choose from specifically the Collectors Edition which features the infinite stones and four statues.
I wish you all a good day and remember….. GAME ON!