Doomfist is Live in Overwatch
Some of you might be already be playing the character at the moment in PTR mode. Doomfist has been talked about for a long time now and we finally get a closer look at this badass new Overwatch character in an animated short.
There is something great about Overwatch character designs and the long anticipation of certain characters.
“Only through conflict do we evolve!”
Adeyemi was a useful asset to Talon, but the organization saw far greater potential in Ogundimu, with his intelligence and his ability to inspire as a commander. While Adeyemi was content to profit from raids on Numbani, Ogundimu had a grander vision. This difference in aspiration would lead Ogundimu to kill his teacher and take on the mantle of Doomfist, along with the eponymous gauntlet.
As the new Doomfist, Ogundimu rose high in Talon and helped to orchestrate a conflict that the organization hoped would someday engulf the world. However, before their plan came to fruition, Ogundimu was defeated and captured by an Overwatch strike team that included Tracer, Winston, and Genji. He was imprisoned in a maximum-security facility for years, where he waited patiently for events he had incited to play out.
I like the idea of Doomfist and his ideals of humanity only getting better when backed up against a wall. I am most excited to see how this character plays out so let’s take a look at some of his arsenal.
- Hand Cannon: Doomfist fires a short-range burst from the knuckles of his fist. Its ammunition is automatically regenerated over a short time.
- Seismic Slam: Doomfist leaps forward and smashes into the ground, knocking nearby enemies toward him.
- Rising Uppercut: Doomfist uppercuts enemies in front of him into the air.
- Rocket Punch: After charging up, Doomfist lunges forward and knocks an enemy back, dealing additional damage if they impact a wall.
- THE BEST DEFENSE…: Doomfist generates temporary personal shields when he deals ability damage.
- Meteor Strike: Doomfist leaps into the sky, then crashes to the ground, dealing significant damage.
I am already picturing some combinations with the rising uppercut and maybe the Meteor Strike for a double deuce attack. Looks good though and I am quite impressed. Check out the character right now in the PTR area od Overwatch and I will check you later gamers. – Beast Out –