Street Fighter V Arcade Edition Coming Soon
It was bound to happen, I especially was expecting a Super or Ultra title in the mix soon enough, but since the 30th Anniversary of Street Fighter is coming up. It wasn’t too far behind that Capcom would make some big celebration announcement to fans of the series.
In the upcoming Arcade Mode, players can reminisce in the Street Fighter series history as they celebrate the last 30 years of the multi-million selling franchise. Choose from six different paths and compete in matches against CPU opponents to reveal unique endings based on player performance. In Extra Battle Mode, a new series of time exclusive challenges will be available for players to use their Fight Money for the chance to receive an exclusive premium outfit each month. Complete all four challenges each month and receive a special premium costume exclusive to this mode. With extra challenges being added and more unannounced content on the way, Street Fighter V will continue to deliver new and refreshed content on a regular basis throughout 2018 and beyond. More details on the new modes and features, including the new User Interface, will be shared at a later date.
You have to give them props for giving gamers a choice when it comes to unlocking the content yourself or just outright paying for anything. Also the fact that you have crossplay via PlayStation 4 vs. PC players which is a nice addition for those that are unaware of this feature. I am hoping for games become crossplay, but for now, this is what you get.
- What’s Included: Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition will include everything from the original Street Fighter V release, plus all Season 1 and 2 Character Pass content, which includes 12 playable characters and 12 premium costumes.
- New Modes and Features: In addition to the main game, the following content will be included in Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition: and will be available as a free update to existing Street Fighter V players beginning on January 16:
- Arcade Mode – choose from six different paths themed after classic Street Fighter games.
- Gallery – unlock hundreds of illustrations as you play through Arcade Mode.
- Extra Battle – complete timed challenges to obtain exclusive costumes throughout 2018.
- New V-Triggers – each character will have two V-Triggers, adding, even more, depth to the combat system.
- New Visuals – the user interface is being redesigned with new color schemes, revised menus, and exciting pre-and-post-fight effects.
- New Challengers: The original roster of 16 fighters is joined by 12 new challengers from Season 1 and 2, bringing the current roster count up to 28. The 12 additional characters are not available for free to current Street Fighter V players but can be accessed using earned Fight Money or purchased in-game currency.
- PS4 and PC Cross-Platform Play: Current players of Street Fighter V and future owners of Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition will be placed into the same player pool, with PS4 and PC cross-platform play continuing to unite fans into a unified player base.
- Stay Updated – The initial Street Fighter V purchase is still the only one that consumers need to make to ensure they always have the most up-to-date version of the title.
Season 2 of the 2017 Character Pass and DLC content for Street Fighter V continues until the end of the year, with one final character still to be announced and released, along with a host of additional costumes. Stay tuned to the official Street Fighter channels for all of the latest news.
Get ready for the full package of Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition when it drops on January 16th, 2018, which 7 days after my birthday. That is pretty neat and convenient, maybe I will treat myself to a later birthday gift? Anyway, I hope you enjoy and please check out our review of Street Fighter V by clicking this link right here and be sure to hit up Play-Asia.com to check for pre-order information. – Beast Out –